Our donors undergo extensive medical, psychological, and genetic screening.
Extremely experienced in the recruitment of egg donors, the PFC Egg Donor Agency works closely with Pacific Fertility Center to screen donors before bringing them into the donor egg bank program. The result is a diversity of high-quality donor eggs available in our online egg donor database.
Screening. Our egg donation program is extremely selective. Only the highest quality donors are included in our egg donor database. This means just 10 percent of donor applicants actually end up creating egg donor profiles.
All of our donors undergo extensive medical, psychological, and genetic screening, including consultation with a licensed certified genetic counselor and evaluation performed by a licensed marriage and family therapist.
At the Pacific Fertility Egg Bank, we do genetic testing in accordance with recommendations established by the American College of Gynecologists (ACOG) and the American College of Medical Genetics (ACMG). Along with this testing, our licensed certified genetic counselor thoroughly assesses the donor’s ethnic background and family history going back three generations.
Our screening process includes:
- An extensive medical questionnaire
- Vaginal ultrasound performed by a PFC physician
- Psychological testing (Personality Assessment Inventory) and evaluation performed by a licensed marriage and family therapist
- Blood testing for egg quality and quantity:
- Anti- Müllerian Hormone (AMH), which measures a woman’s ovarian reserve
- Follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and estradiol (at physician discretion)
- FDA-compliant screening for infectious diseases, including:
- HIV-1 and HIV-2 antibody screen
- HTLV-1 and HTLV-2
- Hepatitis B Surface Antigen (HBsAg)
- Hepatitis B Core Total Antibody (Anti-HBc)
- Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Antibody
- Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) NAT
- An extensive genetic questionnaire, counseling performed by a certified genetic counselor, and genetic testing of all donors for:
- Expanded carrier screening (All new donor applicants as of 2/08/2015 receive screening by Horizon™ carrier screen 274 condition panel. Please visit www.HorizonScreen.com for more information and to see all 274 conditions included in the test.)
- CBC and hemoglobin electrophoresis
- Blood chromosome analysis (aka karyotype)
- Any additional genetic testing indicated based on donor’s family history
If you are ready to embark on an egg donor search, you can create your complimentary account to access our egg donor database. Here, you’ll have an opportunity to view a variety of egg donor profiles.